4 Tips for the Photography of Your Home
It has often been said that “a picture is worth a thousand words”, however, in the case of real estate, a picture can be worth the sale of your home.
Professional photography is critical when marketing your home. Most buyers are searching for their home online first, and the photos will determine whether they decide to schedule a tour. We caught up with our photographer, Bear Ortega of Kuma Photography, to learn the 4 must-do items when preparing your home for photographs.
Tip for the Photography of Your Home #1. Make sure your home is clean and decluttered.
- Clear all surfaces as much as possible (remove appliances, photographs, and wipe down all surfaces).
- Hide pet food dishes & trash cans.
- Clear items off of the refrigerator.
- Make beds and arrange pillows nicely.
- Remove clothing/towels from the floor of bedrooms and bathrooms.
Tip for the Photography of Your Home #2. Make sure the home is as bright as possible.
- Turn ALL lights on in the home.
- Open curtains and blinds.
Tip for the Photography of Your Home #3. Check the weather for photo day.
- Believe it or not, the best photos are taken on an overcast day, not a super sunny day.
- Too much sun creates harsh shadows that can be difficult to edit.
- The photographer can photoshop in sunshine and blue skies.
- Avoid shooting on extremely rainy days (a slight drizzle is fine, but too much rain can distort the images).
Tip for the Photography of Your Home #4. Pay attention to the exterior.
- Have landscaping done (grass mowed, garden beds weeded).
- Remove vehicles from driveways.
- Move trash cans out of site.
- Clean grill or pool area.
The Mark McKenna Team understands the value of photography when we market your home, and we make it a priority. Contact us if you are thinking of listing your home for sale!